- Shipping Policy
The 4-20 mA analog output of the OP-900 scale is a voltage sourcing sensor that will output current which is proportional to the calibrated scale’s weight range (i.e. 4 mA = 0 LBS and 20 mA = 10,000 LBS). It is important to note, that this is a sourcing output sensor (i.e. the sensor will source 9VDC with an output current range of 4-20 mA). Unlike many other “loop powered” type 4-20 mA
sensors, an external supply voltage should not be connected to the unit’s 4-20 mA circuit, however, the ground connection (pin 6) of the DB-9 connector will need to be connected to the same ground as the data acquisition device which will be responsible for interoperating the 4-20 mA signal. This ground connection is imperative, as both the data acquisition device’s power supply and the scale’s internal 9VDC power supply will need to be on the same ground plane for the output current to be synced and measured correctly. Please reference Figure 6 as a visual clarification onhow to connect your scales 4-20 mA output to a data acquisition device.
Below is a list of important notes when using the indicator with the 4-20 mA option
● Resolution: 1/1000
● Outside Load: 100-350ohms
● Inside connection: load input port pin “1” of J2, ground port pin “GND” of J2
● Outside connection: load input port pin 1 of DB9, ground port pin 6 of DB9
● To test the connection, connect a 250 ohm load; Locate a volt meter, and probe across the 250 ohm load. As the weight input to the indicator varies, the voltage of the volt meter will change accordingly
● Pressing the TARE key will reset to output current to 4mA
● 0-20mA output can be set by setting parameter C31 to 0
● Please note that this option will disable the RS232 weigh data output (serial ASCII data ) that comes in the standard indicator.
● Press PRINT and HOLD key to go into configuration mode
●Go to C32 and press PRINT key
● The display should show [out-4] and output should be at 4mA
● Press the up/down arrow keys and the [out-#] will increase/decrease
Note: X corresponds to the output current. For example if out-12 is displayed, then 12mA should be the output. If not, press the left and right arrow key to adjust/calibrate
Products and Pricing. All Products or services listed on the Web site are subject to change, as is Product information, pricing, and availability. Selleton reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue any Web site feature or the sale of any Product with or without notice. You agree that Selleton will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of any Web site feature or Product. In the event a Product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, we shall have the right, prior to the acceptance of your ordering, to decline or cancel any such orders, whether or not the order has been confirmed and/or your credit card or PayPal account charged. If your credit card or PayPal has already been charged for the order and we cancel your order, we will issue a credit to your credit card account or PayPal account in the amount of the charge.